Wednesday, April 17, 2013

MTC Week 2



Family and friends hey are you ready?
This is the tale of your favorite sister missionary

Please while you read this, give it a beat
This is a little rap of life here at the MTC

We wake up in the morning real early and bright
To study the gospel and spread Christ's light

We attempt to learn Spanish at our very best
And are grateful to God who makes up for the rest

Elders and sisters with God as our lead
The spirit is always strong, it's the BEST place to be

You'll often overhear conversations in Korean
In Japanese, Russian, German, French, and Italian

We eat lots of food and then sit and study
But we walk up 10 flights of stairs, so there's no need to worry

Thanks for the cupcakes, candy, chips and letters
Pretty sure i have the greatest friends and family EVER

Sometimes it's tough...we get sad and tired
Anyone who said they didn't would be a liar!

I didn't bring ugly missionary shoes because I didn't want to get made fun
of by my sister
But now, thanks to her, I wear shoes that give me blisters!

Time is sure flying...it's already been two weeks
Since we said goodbye out on the Provo streets

It's been 14 days and i have plenty more
Until i get to see the pretty Costa Rican shore!

My testimony is growing and that is a fact
I'm grateful for my companion, she's always got my back

The world will soon hear our message of truth and love
And the knowledge of our Savior from up above

Things are going great, I love it oh so much
Especially the chocolate chip cookies they give us for lunch!

I had to give the prayer this Sunday in our church
All in Espanol...I guess it could have been worse?!

I messed up my words and gave everyone a laugh...
Don't worry my friends! I'm still on the right path

The Church of Jesus Christ is so true, and I know it
I'm thankful for everyday here and the chance I have to show it

We fight about whose turn it is to pray and read
My district really is becoming my new family!

The weather is getting better, some days I see the sun
Like Elder Anderson said, "It's not missionary WORK, it's missionary FUN!"

The goal is to baptize and bring others unto Christ
Sure hope those Costa Ricans understand me, even though I'm white

I'm making life long friends, the people here are great
I know I'll make more in Costa Rica, for that I just can't wait!

I feel all sorts of emotions here...they change almost every hour
I feel like Repunzel from Tangled after she leaves her tower

Through the good and the bad, it all somehow gets better
I'm grateful for a God who always loves me no matter

Being here is hard but i know it's worth it all
I know my Savior will pick me up when ever I start to fall

At the end of the day, us Spanish speakers say "esta bien"
I'm enjoying this whole journey! Just like Aunt Raelene said :)

I think about you Walter, Kristen, and Addison
You're in my heart always and I pray for you often

Oh this gospel bring more hope and joy than anything else can
In everything around me I ALWAYS see God's hand

We've got awesome teachers! When we have questions, they solve 'em
We have weird inside jokes...hashtag missionaryproblems

Now it's time to recognize the man who loved me first
Happy (almost) Birthday, dear old Dad! Party hard on April 21st :)

Sunday devotional was given by the church media director
The Lord is hastening his work through the internet and twitter!

So, the stats are in and I'm so glad I went
Cause here at the MTC...sisters are 44 PERCENT!

The number is only going to get higher and increase
As The Lord calls his servants to find his lost sheep

I miss my Osmond babies, and Baylee's sweet smile
Hope they don't forget their favorite babysitter after a while

Life is SO good, I'm the happiest I've ever been
The message is simple...come follow Him

I cannot wait to write more letters as the weeks go by again
I leave this testimony with you all, in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN!

Xoxo,
Hermana Jessicah Starke




Mom Sent me Chips and Queso to help with spanish studies

Elder Nui Harris





Mom sent another care package

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, great grandma said to tell you "It was so nice to see you and spend time with you before you left."

Anonymous said...

We love reading your Blogs, especially to great grandma. Now about your shoes - we think your mom should send them to you asap. lol Love to you, Aunt Jan and Uncle Jim

Nicole said...

Thanks for posting her letters on here!! We love reading them! So glad to hear that she's happy and doing so well!

XO,
Jeff & Nicole