Monday, September 23, 2013

The Promised Land


Helloooo!

I have news. I know you are all wondering if I had changes this last
week...and the answer is YES!

I am in a new area called The Promised Land! It's located in The City of
Enoch. Somewhere in Bountiful. It's just over flowing with milk and wild
honey.

Guys, this place is magical. I am in a WARD with hundreds of people. They
all just sit by their phones and wait for us to call and ask them to come
on visits with us. It's awesome. They feed me American food because they
know that pigs feet isn't my most favorite dish in the world. They are so
nice huh? We have hot showers, and you are not going to believe it,
Mosquites just dont exist here. Oh and the best part, everyone can speak
English!

Hehe juuuuust kidding. Okay, so none of that is true. I am still in
Orotina. I repeat, I AM STILL IN OROTINA. Yep, 6 months lata and this girl
is still rockin it in Orotina, Costa Rica.

Why? Not too sure. But the Lord does, and I trust Him pretty well. So I am
excited to see what else He has in store for me here. It's gonna be great I
just know it.

So even though this magical land of promise doesn't actually exisit, lots of
happy magical things happened this week!

First, I am happy to announce that I can now check "teaching a lesson in a
hammock" off the mission bucket list.

I recieved a cute letter from one of my favorite boys in my EFY group from last
summer and it made my whole day! He said I was the best counselor ever. The
kid doesn't lie!

Our investigator Mariano wants to get baptized. Great right? Until we found
out that he drinks 30 cups of coffee a day. Sadly, Mariano does not lie. He
really drinks 30 cups a day. Thats about even with Grandma Patsy and her Dr
Peppers! Haha love ya grams!

Mariano was also quite concerned when we wanted to give him a date for his
baptism because he told us he doesn't know if he is still going to be alive
in October. Super worried I said, POR QUE!?(WHY?) And then he told me that we
never know when we are going to die, so who knows! Better not to make plans
in case they fall through later. It was defintely the most interesting
excuse I've heard in the mission, ha!

Also, I have a new favorite scripture of all time! D&C 100:12 :))

"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold,
and lo, I am with you even unto the end."

So I am going to be like my buddy Nefi and liken this scripture unto myself
and go and do what the Lord has commanded. Which is teach and preach the
gospel to the people of Orotina! Thanks for all your love and support along
my journey. I love and miss you all. And I know that the Lord is with me
even unto the end.

Hermana Starke






No comments: