Sunday, July 27, 2014

Free pizza = BAPTISMS!!!!!


Hi friends,

I am kind of freaking out right now because today I got an email asking me
which airport I would like to be sent home to and it's still not real to me
that in just 2 months, my life as a sister missionary will come to an
end... ahhh!

But I realized something this week... Costa Rica is exactly the same as
when I got here.
It's still beautiful
The people still talk fast
They still eating their rice and beans
The rain still drenches me
I read the same scriptures
And study the same preach my gospel
We teach the same lessons
My crocs are still on my feet
Oh and yes I still rock the same skirts I did a year ago!
So what's changed??

ME.

I have changed so much. Costa Rica has remained the same but it's changed me
from the inside out. And it just hit me so hard this week. The mission
hasn't gotten any easier, I've just gotten stronger. The language is still
the same. But I learned to speak it. The rain is crazy, but I learned to
love it. And I dont think there are words to describe how blessed I feel to
have been able to use and experiment the power of the atonement in my own
life. Jesus Christ has changed me. And as hard as it gets sometimes, I know
it's worth it and I know there will always be one person who truly
understands me.

Honestly, those of you who have served missions will understand me when I
say that it's like a roller coster ride of emotions. You're sad, you're glad,
you're hungry, you're tired, you're on fire, you're exhausted, and the list
goes on and on. And so let's say that this week was big thunder mountain.
But it was great and I loved it.

The happy news is that Brandon got baptized. And his testimony afterwards
was so sweet and hilarious...

"Umm, hi everyone!!! Wow. A lot of people came. Thanks!!! It means a lot.
Well, im going to be completely honest with you guys. About a month ago my
best friend Steven invited me to come play soccer here and well, I really
like soccer. Then he told me there was going to be pizza so I was like,
what! FREE PIZZA? I'm down! Then I came and played and met a lot of really
cool people. Everyone was just so... nice! Then the hermanas invited me to
come again the next day to church and I was like sure, why not? So I came
and when I walked in, I felt something really, really special. Something
told me deep inside my heart that this was the true church. Because I've
been to a looootttt of churches. And it was a privilege for me to have been
baptized here. What a great day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Sadly, his mom has decided to stick with her church for now but came to the
baptism. She was crying the whole time because the spirit was obviously
working with her and afterwards gave me a hug and said thank you so much.
This is the best place for Brandon. I'm so happy he's here. I have faith that
one day she will enter the waters of baptism too!

And Steven introduced us to FIVE more of his friends this week and they are
so awesome just like Brandon. They all want to go on missions and came to
church Sunday!!!

Love you all so much,
Hermana Starke
Brandon's Baptism



The delicious foods I get to eat


 Hermano Emilio Birthday party and made a cake for him



There was a wedding




No comments: