Monday, November 4, 2013

The Book of Hermana Starke

Chapter 1

Hermana Starke begins the record of her people—She praises God, foretells the coming of the Messiah— She leaves the city of Orotina and goes up to the land of Ciudad Colòn —She is relieved from her sore trials and rejoices exceedingly. About 2013 A.D.

1 I, Hermana Starke, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days in Orotina, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.

2 And it came to pass that the Lord decided that I, Hermana Starke, had suffered long enough, and had endured long enough. Therefore He did send forth two elders, and they did call me Tuesday night.

3 And it came to pass that they did sing praises unto me saying: Na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!

4 Therefore I, Hermana Starke, being obedient in all things, did hear these words and did pack my things. For behold, I knew the Lord was preparing great and mighty plans for me.

5 And it came to pass that I did take my belongings and I did go up into the land of San José. Yea, and it was very early, even 5am. Nevertheless I was blessed with much help.

6 For behold, there were many Costa Ricanites who saw my white skin. And they did also see my three large suitcases. And they did seek to help me. For the intentions of their hearts were for riches. All manner of gold and of silver. Yea, for all the Costa Ricanites believe the gringanites possess much money.

7 And after much traveling I did arrive in San José, and I did meet my new companion, Hermana Hernandez. And we did instantly become the best of friends.

8 For Hermana Hernandez did leave the land of El Salvador at 19 years of age and had been preaching 10 months in Costa Rica and had baptized many. Therefore, she had seen the power of the gospel change the hearts of many men. And yea, she was an exceedingly great and powerful missionary.

9 And we two did go up together to a rich and beautiful area. And it was called Ciudad Colón. And it was named Ciudad Colón after the manner of the people that lived there. For they were rich in abundance of all things; yea, even gold and silver and many fine things.

10 And it came to pass that I did see many mansions, and I did visit the homes of many. And they all offered me the finest food, and yea, my heart was filled with joy.

11 And it came to pass that my eyes did lay upon many great and spacious buildings. For behold, there were buildings of all sorts; yea, even a mall, movie theatre, walmart, and restaurants of all kinds. And it had been so long since my eyes had seen these things that I did weep and give thanks to the Lord, my God.

12 And we did visit the ward members, and they did receive me with love. For behold, it was a ward. And the church was strong, and they did follow the commandments of the Lord; yea, and did offer me all sorts of things, even food, manicures, and massages. Yea, even a washer and dryer.

13 And it came to pass that I had forgotten that all of these things even existed. And again, my soul did rejoice.

14 For the members of the ward were powerful. And the church of God was filled will all manner of different people; yea, even the the stake president, a returned mission president and many returned missionaries. Yea, and they were all willing and ready to take part in the work of Salvation.

15 And it came to pass that so great were the numbers of references and baptisms that the Lord commanded that there should be no contacting. And so it came to pass that we did make high goals. And we did study hard, and teach all the day long, never forgetting the tender mercies of the Lord.

16 And my mind did often reflect on my many months in the city of Orotina, but I know that Hermana McArthur is the perfect person to take my place.
17 Yea, and there was never a more happier time in the mission of Hermana Starke. For I had been blessed in all things; yea, and thus I make an end of my writings. Amen.





 We went to the mall and had Costco-ish pizza for lunch and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Wish we could hit the movies ;)



These are how the houses are here......... super nice


 my compa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: