Sunday, May 4, 2014

You Never Know


Dear all,

Thanks for writing me I get so happy every Monday when I check my email and
see all your lovin. It really is the best! I spent lots of time sending
photos so forgive the shorter email this week...

Well the rain has officially begun to pour and my umbrella has been put
back into use. There's just 2 seasons here. Wet and dry. And it is now rainy
season. Woohoo!

This week has been full of lots of miracles, blessings and hard work.

1. We taught a lesson outside the temple. Just some of the advatages in
working in Belen! So great. And so peaceful! It's impossible for the spirit
NOT to be present.

2. I went on divisions for the first time to a place called Ojo de agua. I
ate mangos, taught lessons, and loved every bit of it.

3. Here in Belen we always try to talk with everyone and the Lord always
blessed us for our efforts with a new investigator everyday! We are praying
lots to know who we need to drop, who we need to focus on, and are planning
on having 4 baptisms in May. I know if we are obedient and do our part that
the Lord will do his. D&C 82:10

This Saturday Carlos and Johanna got married and baptized! Remember them
from Ciudad Colon!? It all started about a month ago when I told Johanna
that I liked her perfume in the street one day. She was walking a little
ahead of us and her perfume was super strong. We began a conversation and
she gave us her info. We invited her and her family to church and they
came! It was a crazy adventure with them but they were so prepared from the
beginning. I loved teaching them and am so happy for them even though I
couldnt be there. They called me Saturday crying. But dont worry, they were
tears of joy! Just goes to show that by small and simple things... GREAT
things are brought to pass. Who would of that that Carlos could give us
smoking and that Joahanna could stop drinking coffee. OR that they would
actually tie the knot! But they did it and now are one step closer to an
eternal family.

Reina is also on fire reading all of doctrine and covenants and preparing
to go to the temple for baptisms! Ahhh I miss my friends in Ciudad Colon.
But love all my new friends in Belen.

One of them is Manuel. Please pray from him. Everyday! One day I will tell
you all why. Just pray pray pray. I believe in prayer. And prayer is going
to change Manuel because I was sent on my mission to find him.

Love and hugs,
Hermana Starke

No comments: