Saturday, August 9, 2014

Love makes the WORK go round


Hiiiiiiiii everyone,



Your favorite missionary from Costa Rica officially has 16 months in the
mission. But last Monday we had interviews with President and he told me to
just imagine that I still have a year left so that's what I'm gonna do. So
here's to another year, woohoo!!!



Honestly, this week was just plain awesome. My interview with President
went great and he just made me feel like the greatest missionary there ever
was and that makes me happy because I always doubt myself and get sad for
not having more when I just give my heart and soul to this work. Anyway so
that was fun.



Then later, we had a huge giant fun family night with like 20 investigators
and it was a blast. But oh no no the partying does not stop there!

On Wednesday we had divisions and 2 missionaries from Guatemala came to work with me. They finish their missions in 3 weeks and are super trunky... aka ready to go home... so I put them straight to work and we talked with every single person we saw and worked super hard and had 7 lessons! We did not waste one minute! So much fun. They were seriously so dead at the end of the day but I felt great haha. I think I did what Jesus would do. And that's my goal so I would say it was a successful round of divisions!








So on Friday my companion remembered about a nice sweet lady she had talked
to on a bus and wanted to find her. Okay. Only problem was… she didn't have
her number, last name or address. Just a basic idea of where she MIGHT
live. Hmmmm. So I was like great it will be an adventure, let's do it! So we
looked all around for Edith. We asked about a million people for her,
knocked on lots of doors, and got chased by dogs. But it was just the best
feeling ever when we finally FOUND HER! Really I just know that when we get
on our knees and pray then get on our feet and work, the Lord can bless us
immensely with anything he wants to. We just have to earn it and be worthy
of his trust and confidence. Just another one of the great lessons the
mission has taught me…



Pause. In the computer place where I am right now there are weird crazy
computer gamming kids surrounding me and it’s a lil distracting. They are
screaming and talking to themselves and their computer screens so sorry if
this email is all over the place. I can't exactly focus right now. Hahaha.



Where was I? Ok Saturday was one crazy day as well and lots of funny things
happened to us.



1.A car of boys rolled down their windows, told us they loved us and wanted
to marry us, and then started dancing and shaking their butts towards us.
It was the weirdest thing ever. But we just couldn’t help but laugh
hysterically afterwards.



2. I saw this guy approaching us with a cigarette which always makes me
excited because it means I get to hand out a word of wisdom pamphlet. So I
stopped in front of him to start chatting but he just kept walking with his
dread locks and all, then shot his arm up to the sky and made the peace
sign. Hahaha what? Ok pura vida.



3. We were standing on the corner waiting to cross the street when a car
drove by and shouted at us, MUERTE AL PAPA!!!!!!!!!! They basically told us
that they wanted the pope to die. Well sorry buddy hate to break it to ya
but we aren’t nuns!



4. Hermano Emilio threw my companion ANOTHER surprise party because well I
guess he didn’t exactly get the memo last week. So we celebrated again with
cake and friends. But this time with a live guitar! And crazy Spanish
songs. We are so loved here in Belen. And I have never eaten so much cake
in my life.






But Saturday had it's happy spiritual moments too! Our investigator Benito
got baptized. He's been so fun to teach and was a reference from members
that are basically his parents and raise him. He has a huge family and they
all came to church Sunday to support him and are investigating… just
progressing slower than we would like. Hopefully they will all be baptized
soon too! Eso es la fe!






Also, Marney and Roger got married! Now they are just one step closer to
baptism. We planned it all in just a couple days. Seriously, the Lord can
make miracles happen and always prepares the way for his children to keep
his commandments. So after a little stress and running around like crazy
people we threw it all together and now they are even more excited for
their baptism. Roger just needs to come to church 1 more time! Luckily a
bunch of members came to show their support and love and it was just what
they needed.





I love you all soooo very much! Thanks for joining me in my adventures…
that aren’t going to end for another year! Hehe.



Xoxo, Hermana Starke



P.S. In ward counsel this week, we took 20 minutes to discuss the issue of
head lice and how it's spreading around in the primary... I was trying real
hard not to laugh. Yeah, things are way different here in CR haha.



P.P.S I was the happiest ever on Sunday when I got a package of goodies
delivered to me at church with lots of fun yummy treats. I didn’t know who
it was from at first but I just want to say THANK YOU KAYDEE!!! You are
awesome. I love you. Thanks so very much! That was so kind and thoughtful
of you. Muchas gracias!

P.P.P.S Well it's safe to say that the guy next to me lost his game. His moaning and I think crying. Akkkwward. Well that’s my cue outta here. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: