Sunday, August 17, 2014

#miraclesfordayz


Hi everyone!

Even though it's summer for you all up there in the states, it's been soo
cold here. And when I say cold I mean 60 and 70 degrees. The funniest part
is, everyone starts pulling our their beanies, scarves and sweaters. I don't
know what I will do when the humind rainy weather is not my life anymore
because I am just way too used it it. People have never ever seen or
experienced snow here and so when it gets a little windy, that means
freezing to them. It's hilarious.

So much happens in my life everyday I feel like it's impossible to just sum
it up in a few short paragraphs. But hey, it'll just have to do! Here's the
top 5 best things that have happened to me all week... enjoy!

1. YADER GOT BAPTIZED. Remember yader?? If not, just know that on saturday,
I witnessed a complete miracle right before my eyes as Yader entered into
the waters of baptism. All day Saturday I had to keep reminding myself that
it was real because I just could not believe it. Seriously, only God knows
and understands how much we have worked and prayed for this guy!

It's so crazy how just acting on such a small simple prompting to talk to
him one Sunday after church could lead to this... When we met him, he was
completely alone, sad, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and living with
someone. We invited him to church, he came, and began to change his life.
He has never missed a Sunday since! We met him 13 weeks ago and his journey
has been rough but completely amazing. If I didn't believe in the atonement
before, I sure do now. It's real and that I know without a doubt.

He reads the BOM everyday and it's just incredible to see a new light in his
eyes. He looks different, acts different and it's all because he now knows
hes a child of God. Hes only 21 and has his whole life ahead of him and
says hes excited to go on a mission in a year. He also is a crazy talented
artist so he said he's going to paint us a picture of the temple to thank us
for changing his life and inviting him to the church he lived next door to
for 7 years... it's truly a miracle.

3. Miguel got baptized! Hes Benitos 16 year old brother that got baptized
last week.... next on the list, their mom, martha! Woohoo! She just needs
to get married first. This kid also has changed a ton and goes to all the
mutuals and seminary and just loves being a member of the church of Jesus
christ of latter day saints. I mean, who doesn't? He got baptized Sunday
before church and after wards we had gallo pinto for breakfast. The stake
President showed up and congratulated us and told us thats how every
baptism should be!!! Hahaha sounds good to me.

4. Natalia is my favorite investigator of all time. I started talking to
her one day in the street while she was struggling to teach her 2 sons to
ride bikes. She was so nice and friendly. Turns out she used to live in
Ciudad Colon and knows a few members there... we got her number and made an
appointment to go back. We taught her, she accepted a baptismal date, and
came to church Sunday! Her husband already looks and acts like a member and
they read the bible together as a family everynight. They are super super
prepared and I am so excited to see what happens with them. Yay.

5. Today we enjoyed pizza with refried beans on it and honestly, it's the
best pizza ive ever eaten. That or my blood has turned tica. I LOVE COSTA
RICA!!!!!!!!!!

Se con todo mi corazon que esta obra es real y que no trabajamos por el
Senor, proque El trabaja con nosotros! Lo amo y los amo a ustedes. Gracias
por sus oraciones, amor, y apoyo. Nos vemos in siete cortas semanas!
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Con mucho amor, Hermana EEHHSTARR (yep, thats how they say mah name)




White Cucaracha

Yader GOT BAPTIZED... Whoooo hooooo



 Benitos brother Miguel got Baptized




Knocking on Doors.... inviting investigators to church







Taking selfies, waiting for our investigators to get ready

These two got caugh playing in the flour


F
Front door to a investigators home

Sunday dinner

Pizza with refried beans on it.....seriously the best pizza EVA...or else my blood has turned Tica....

No comments: