Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I don't know how it gets better than this!


Hello fam,

First of all, HAPPY FIFTEENTH OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's so special about the 15th of september? Well today is Independance
day so we are going all out and throwing a giant ward activity for all of
Belen to come celebrate and we are hoping to find lots of new
investigators.


 RED WHITE AND BLUE......Happy Independence Day




Wow!  Even Google Celebrated with Costa Rica... Pura Vida!!!

You don't even know how much it hurts me to know that I will never see the
new people we find be baptized... but that's ok because this Saturday was
the greatest day ever because I got to see Oscar and Natalia be baptized!
The goldenest family I ever did meet.

They are my favorite people in the whole entire world and I just feel like
the luckiest to have been able to meet them, teach them and help them enter
the waters of baptism. I thank God every day that small and simple things
like talking to Natalia one day as she was chasing around her two boys
outside riding bikes could lead to all this... One of the happiest and most
rewarding mission in my mission.


Oscar and Natalia 


The baptism was beautiful but let me just start from the beginning. Because
Saturday for reals is just about as good as it gets!

We woke up super early and then walked on over to the pretty temple right
next door t us. We then went through the 9am session with Marcela and
Alfonso Sibaja for their first time! It was so awessome to be a part of
their day and be able to be there with them. But the best part of all is
knowing that their family is now forever. It was impossible to keep the
tears back when they brought in Brandon all dressed in white and to see
them look into the mirrors of eternity. It was such a sacred experience
that I really can't put in to words... But it truly was a special moment
that I will never ever forget.


Sibaja Family  Together Forever!







As I was walking out of the temple I caught a glimpse of a familiar green
dress... my green dress... then I heard my name, HERMANA STARKE!

Then I see my sweet Martha running towards me and she gave me a long hug
and just cried in my arms because she was so happy to see me. Which of
course made me cry and so we stood there hugging and crying and it was a
joyful reunion... she is getting sealed in January! Yay!


 Martha
We then got soaked in a crazy rain storm but that didn't stop us or anyone
from coming to the baptism! The entire ward was soo excited to have a new
family get baptized and so loving and willing to help put everything
together and make it a special day. The water was way cold, but the baptism
was beautiful and they are just rocking the whole member thing. They
already have callings, 6 generations of family history done and are just
now counting dwn the days until they can enter the temple.

I love my mission. I love representing Jesus Christ. Because truly it is
ONLY through him that all these miracles and mercies are possible. I now
know and recognize that every tear, slammed door and worn out pair of shoes
has all been completely worth it because its all lead to me to this. Im so
blessed and I love my Heavenly Father. I know He lives. I feel his presence
in my life. I dont know how it gets better than this!

XO,
Hermana Starke




Puuuuuuraaa Vidaaa!! This is my nino Benito <3



No comments: