Saturday, September 13, 2014

It keeps gettin' better!


Buenas tardes familia!
I feel like every day of my mission just keeps getting better and better. I
learn more and more, and the miracles just get sweeter and sweeter!

Monday
We had the best family home evening with a less active family and their
daughter named Yendry. She suffers from a disease that makes it hard for
her to walk and communicate but just has a really special spirit and spent
all day making us muffins :)


Tuesday
We had our lidership meeting with president which is always great. I
always learn so much and get reminded how much that I am nothing and need
to repent and do better and be better. It's great!

Wednesday
I went on divisions with a newer hermana and it was probably the best
division I've had yet because this sister was so excited and willing to
learn. The rain was pouring down all day long and every single appointment
fell through. I was just praying so hard that I could help find them some
new people to teach because at the moment they only had 2
progressing investigators. Well we were walking along and I had a feeling
we needed to stop. So we did and i decided to knock on the door of closest
house we saw. I told them we had a message to share with them that was
going to change their lives and they let us is. Not sure if it was
only because they felt bad we were standing in the pouring rain but it
doesn't matter because we ended up finding this awesome prepared family and
the all accepted baptismal dates! We ended the day with 7 lessons, 4 new
investigators and chinese for dinner that made me sooo sick. Yep, that's
what happens when  you decide to eat chinese food in Costa Rica...

Thursday
THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. Okay, the best day of the week at least! So I was
still so emferma from this sick chinese food and my companion told me to
lay down but I was like heck no. We got work to do! My time is running out
as a missionary and nothing is going to stop me. So then we are walking up
this giant hill after lunch that we have to conquer every day and I was
like ok I just need to stop for a second. So we did, and my companion
started talking to these kids outside of their house playing. They said
hola hermanas! Almost as if they had already known us....

She asked them if we could come in and share a message with them and their
families and they bolted inside to ask their parents. They came out with
sad faces and said no... But I still wasn't ready to move so we stood there
for a few more minutes and then the mom came out.

We introduced ourselves and then asked her again if we could share our
message with her. She looked at her kids and then at us and said we could
come in.

YES!!!!!!!

So then the miracle happens. Ready? Turns out Laura and her kids have
already heard all the lessons, she's read the enitre book of mormon, and has
even been to church a few times. About a year ago the missionaries had her
all ready for baptism but there was just one problem. Her boyfriend. He
didn't want anything to do with the church, and wouldn't let Laura get
baptized or marry her.

But this time is different! She is dating someone else now who is awesome
and they want to get married. A week ago Laura had a dream that she was
with all her family at church and broke down crying saying that we were an
answer to her prayers and that it defintely wasn't by chance that we found
her. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. She already believes the church is true and that was
obvious when they all came to church and Sunday. They walked an hour by
foot to get there and let me just say I am going to do everything I can so
that they can get married and bapitzed before I leave!!!!!! I love them.
They are so prepared and so wonderful. And her son just barely turned 8.
Coincidence? No way!

Friday
We made a PURA VIDA cake with Oscar and Natalia and their kids for dinner.
It was sooo delicious. I will make it for you guys some day! And for
dessert i taught them how to make smores. They were amazed and just couldnt
stop eating them and it was so funny hahaha. It was the first time they had
ever seen or tasted smores. Crazy right?!

Saturday
We watched 17 miracles with a less active family and the spirit was so
strong. And, since my companion is a convert it was the first time she had
seen it too! We were all in tears and i just love that movie so much. Yay
for the faith of pioneers!

Sunday
A less active sister named Salvadora came to church with her entire family
for the first time in years and her 16 year old active son was so happy he
hugged my companion! HAHAHAHA she about died but he was just so happy that
we had helped her mom come back. And we were so happy too. Happy happy
happy.

Until next week,
HERMANA STARKE!!!!!!!




No comments: