Saturday, September 6, 2014

Wanna Iguana???


Hii dear family!


Lots of crazy and exciting things have happened this week. Such as,
I had divisions with hermana Boer, my bestie from the MTC! She came to
Belen with me and we rocked the day with 9 lessons and a new investigator
that asked us to write down the baptismal date for her so she wouldn't
forget. YOU GOT IT SISTA! haha

I ate liver. Cow liver or pig liver you ask? I'm not really sure....

I HELD AN IGUANA! I know I am the bravest.






I learned a lot about listening to the spirit.

Monday night after chatting with you all, we went to the store, bought our
food for the week and then headed home. Right before we left the house, all
our plans for the night fell through. Everyone just decided to call and
cancel on us. My companion is still newish around here so I have to make
all the decisions and well I just had no idea what we were gonna do. Monday
nights are hard sometimes. Everyone is busy and I feel like Satan just
wants us to think it's a wasted day... but it's not! And I wasn't going to let
him make me think that.

So we got down on our knees and prayed before we left the house, not
knowing where we were going to go, or what we were going to do. I pleaded
to Heavenly Father for a miracle and to be able to find and bless the life
of someone, some soul that needed us.

So we got up, I snapped on my backpack and we left the house. As I was
lockin up the gate, a couple walked by which reminded me of a couple I had
met 3 weeks ago. We maybe only talked for 30 seconds because they were
leaving their house and a taxi came, but they popped right into my mind and
I knew we had to visit them.

So I told my companion and away we went. I really didn't even know which
house was theirs, just where they had taken a taxi but it didnt matter. I
knew the Lord wanted us to visit them. So we did. And I just knew they were
going to be home and i knew they were going to let us in.

So we get there and all the houses have their lights off and it seems like
no one is home. So I start yelling their names and knocking on every door
to see who would come out... my companion is just staring at me like wow
this is embarrassing. But then a light flickered on and the couple came out
all dressed up and ready to leave and told us they were on their way out.

But that just wasnt going to work for me because the spirit had told me
that we had to visit them so I just explained to them that they couldn't
leave because we had prayed and the Lord had sent us there to visit them.
The wife looked at her husband surprised and taken back and then they
looked at us and said ok, come on in. We sat down and started teaching them
and i just felt prompted to ask her if she had prayed for direction. She
made a face and said yes... how did you know?? I told her I knew because I
am a representative of Jesus Christ. Then we testified that we were the
answer to her prayers and that God had heard her. It was so powerful and
when she prayed at the end of the lesson she began to cry because again the
spirit told her what she needed to do. Repent, and be baptized so that she
could better her relationship with her husband.

The Lord knows us all. He always hears us. He loves us! And is so merciful.

Especially when I want to cry because none of our investigators wanted to
come to church Sunday. BUT THEN in walks Yader with 3 new investigators and
he told me afterwards he just wants to start being a missionary now and get
all ready and prepared for the real deal in a year so why not bring
everyone to church now?! Haha I love that guy with his white shirt, tie and
all. So great.



I love the work. I love the Lord. I know where are nothing without him, his
gospel, and his spirit.

XOXO, hermana starke


Relief Society Activity



THATS A SNAKE!!

No comments: